1. Children Helping Children Dance/Carnival – TONIGHT!
For many years the last RMS Dance has been run as a benefit for charities that our students have connections with. Last year we raised almost $2000 for CHAD, which was matched by Positive Tracks. Money from this year's event will be going to a group called Village 2 Village, which provides support for orphans in Uganda and Prema Samjam, which is an orphanage in India. Both groups have connections with students involved in organizing this event.
The dance is from 7:00-9:00p, with $5 regular admission and fifty cents per ticket for activities and food. MCS 6th graders are invited.
2. Colors Day: Our annual Colors Day is next Friday, June 6th. Colors Day gives our students and staff a way to celebrate the end of the year with fun, competitive field day. All students and staff are assigned to a Color Team. Part of the tradition is a special lunch package. For many of us, it is the best day of the year, a wonderful opportunity for the school to come together and have fun.
If you are able to help with the serving of lunch on that day, please contact John LaCrosse at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
3. Thank you to all of the families who contributed raffle items and food for the Staff Appreciation lunch last Friday. It was a great success and the staff members were very grateful for the generosity and kindness shown to them. Please remember to pick up your serving dishes in the main office. Sheryl Stotland and Carolyn Higgins
4. 8th grade students who submitted a hard copy of their baby picture are encouraged to stop by Ms. McBain's office to pick it up.
AROUND THE SCHOOL
1. The results of the 2014 Parent & Guardian Survey have been posted on the RMS webpage. The direct link is:
2. Garlic Mustard Pulling Party, June 5, 3-4pm. Students and parents -- the RMS property needs your help to make sure garlic mustard does not invade the forest. Join us for our third year of control efforts to get rid of this invasive species that out competes native plants and negatively impacts forest biodiversity. Bring gloves and footwear appropriate for muddy conditions and meet us outside behind the cafeteria. Contact: Gail McPeek, Hanover Conservancy, www.hanoverconservancy.org
For more information on invasive plants and local efforts visit: http://www.hanovernh.org/Pages/HanoverNH_BComm/Bio/index
3. Infinite Laser Tag Event
What: Outdoor Laser Tag Benefit for The Haven
When: June 8, 1-4pm at Storrs Pond; meet at the main area/near the swings and field
Cost: $5 per person. You may also donate money and or food for The Haven.
Who: 5th to 8th grade! (Please don't bring younger siblings)
Organizers: RMS Student Quinn Renshaw and Infinite Laser Tag
4. From the School Volunteer Office:
Please send me a message with the approximate number of hours you have volunteered on behalf of Richmond School this year. Any activity and any amount of time can be counted. The information will help us to qualify for a Blue Ribbon Achievement Award that recognizes NH schools with outstanding volunteer commitment. Richmond School has won this award for 32 years in a row! Thank you for volunteering in so many ways this year. Your efforts are very much appreciated and really do make a difference to Richmond School students and programs.
Debby Cromwell, School Volunteer Coordinator
FROM THE COMMUNITY
1. Middle School Summer Tech Camp - June 23-27
Hartford Tech Center is offering a weeklong camp for students currently in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. Each day, students will cycle through two different and unique hands-on projects with a team of 10 other students.
Information on this year's camp is as follows:
June 23-June 27th
Fee: $25 (Scholarships are available)
Projects to include: Propeller building and races; Selfie-portraits (Photoshop); Building a mural; Baking nutritiously; Welding project; iPad fun and good Netiquette; Circuit building; Braiding and Color theory; Testing our 5 senses; Automotive anatomy
Applications can be found online. Please see the brochure below:
2. Lightning Soccer Club Tryouts!
Tryouts will be held for U8-U19 boys and girls competitive travel teams between June 9th - June 20th, 2014 at Huntley Meadows in Norwich. For directions, dates, and details and to pre-register, go to www.uvlightning.org. Hope to see you there!
Summer Camp Openings: Lightning Soccer Club runs 5 different summer camps in July and August. All camps still have openings. Please see our Camp Page for more information: www.uvlightning.org. Thanks!
Friday Focus >